Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Well, isn't that the truth!

I have been lazy, there, I said it.  But I have excuses! I've spent the majority of the year in Cross river attempting to get my youth service certificate.  Please note that I didn't say, doing my youth service.  That would be gilding the lilly. For the poor soul who is non-Nigerian and is wondering what on earth I am going on about... this is a period of just under a year that every post graduate Nigerian undertakes to serve the nation.  I could do posts and posts about youth service, so I will just pace myself.  Till then, a short summary of what's been going on since february (SHEESH!!!!).

1.  I WENT AND FELL IN LOVE

Like a silly bird I went and fell for someone.  But in typical fashion, it is fraught with drama and I remain merrily single.  I also learned an awful lot about the dating scene in my beloved land and read a lot of quality nigerian blogs over the year and realized that I have been lazy!  In my defense internet access was very poor.

2.  I MAKE POOR CHOICES WHEN I'M LONELY

Yes, yes I am well human.  I spent a lot of time by myself this year studying for professional exams, and avoiding a certain someone who has given me stress and caused me to 'blow a lot of grammar', chastising myself about my feelings for him.  Basically, I was a mess.  A dignified mess.  Instead of crying and begging him to love me, I left him alone and ate pounded yam and joined the gym and listened to more Olafur Arnalds.  But then...a random distraction in the form of a very cute guy for whom I do not have feelings nearly made me compromise certain things, cough, cough on the basis that I definitely didn't need it at my age. Ha! the joker. Twas a close call.

3. I AM BACK IN LAGOS JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS!

I know where I am at now, and I feel like I am ready to write again.  There is nothing better than knowing that you are enough.  Warts and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment