Friday, May 29, 2015

Define Awkward

Since my last post, there have been developments and there have been developments. Manwhore has become even more unattractive as the weeks have progressed. I attended a party with him and the girlfriend (you know, the big one who's super bossy) and had a great time! Mostly because another friend of manwhore's who he hasn't slept with was there. An absolutely lovely girl who I've become good friends with.

Turns out that I am not the only one who thinks that manwhore needs to grow up. And not only regarding his inability to remain single and develop male friendships. Our other flatmate who I have a minor crush on thinks and I quote 'manwhore is a nice guy, but it's difficult to plan anything social in advance with him'.  

Earlier in the week I saw Olafur Arnalds in Kiasmos which was beyond amazing . Turns out that my crush also loves Olafur. But that is not my story. On that day the concert ended at about 1130 so in my mind the J would turn up and I'd be in Bed Stuy by midnight. wRONG!!!!!! Waited for the train for over an hour and got home at after 1 am. You would have thought that my ex bestie (manwhore) would have texted to find out if I was ok, seeing as he was actually home and I never go out late on a the weeday...But no. So I may have said something a little catty to him the next morning. 

I stewed on my reaction to his behavior all day and decided that it wasn't worth the emotion I was bringing to it. Clearly he doesn't pay much mind to my well being and I need to be a big girl and take care of myself (as usual). I don't think our friendship will ever be the same since I found out that he is actually married.... 

I'll let you try and figure that one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment