Friday, August 31, 2012

Marriage, baby, palava

I've been having a pretty good couple of days.  I haven't broke anything or anyone.  I've been nearly teetotal, in that my grey goose is now down to it's last shot and I'm hoarding it.  I miss those days when I could walk into Sainsbury's or Tesco and anonymously purchase vodka.  In West Africa, it isn't culturally appropriate for a girl to be buying alcohol by her lonesome (and I don't have the excuse of being mixed race or white or brown or yellow).  Hence, I've been putting off replenishing my stock.  Sigh, sad I know.

Lately, I have been receiving constant reminders that I am no longer a spring chicken.  I have cooed over enough newborns and not so newborns.  Some of these kids are turning 2 or 3 years old! People are having 5th year wedding anniversaries left, right and center.  My friends make awfully cute kids, it must be said so as much as I yapper on, meh, I love them.

Oh, and have I mentioned that everyone and their grandma is planning my imaginary wedding.  I was never one of those girls who dreamed about their wedding day and planned every aspect of it. I do remember drawing the floor plans of my Grecian style home +/- kids.  Said house has gradually morphed into an Edwardian/ Victorian town house with a gorgeous library and sun room.  Anything with large sash windows... I digress.  My response now to the traditional, ' We are waiting for our invitation oh!' is a smile.  I previously would retort, 'I'll let you know when I know'.

No comments:

Post a Comment