Monday, September 10, 2012

The wearer of many hats

So, a lot has happened in the last couple of weeks.  New job, new office, better pay (although, heaven help me it's been spent already).  One of my closest friends has moved to this way and I am very excited.  It must be said that kindred spirits are not to be scoffed at.  Very few people I have met since coming here would willingly go to the mall sans make up in an old t-shirt and purple  3/4 length jeans.  She also has a new job, new albeit noisy office and better pay.  Her beloved will be heading down to 'Africa' as well, yay, and is still insisting on putting off children till erm 2018 thereabouts.  All this would be perfectly reasonable if he were older than her, but boys tend to forget that there can be an expiry date on the freshness of eggs.  No pressure.

I start German classes today, yay!  In my master-plan to take over the world and return to Europe to make it happen, I've decided that French is not enough.  They are the biggest economy in Europe and heaven knows they are organized.  I have also decided to fix my car.  It is a ten year old Audi A3/4; the mind wanders, and it has lacked love and attention for many a year.  My entire driving radius is limited to the islands.  My blood pressure would sky-rocket if I experimented with driving on the mainland, besides, who do I know there? The problem is that you always feel like you are being duped by mechanics no matter where you live.  They tell you it will be ready on Tuesday... more realistically it will be ready on Friday.  Once I've figured out how to post pictures...you'll see.

Exercising and eating well is getting better.  I am now cooking all my meals from scratch and attempting to use my elliptical trainer 3 times a week. It is a struggle to stay fit here because no one walks anywhere.  And why would they?  There are barely any sidewalks.  Not to mention that I have a desk job and it costs too much to replace clothing because there are very few reasonably priced retailers.  I am not ridiculously flush and I still have to buy my clothes in England and get them posted here.  Hence, gaining any more weight would be a nightmare of epic proportions.  Oh and while I am ranting about 'health' related issues... what is it with women here and crazy expensive hair extensions, crikey!

In other news, my boss is very pregnant.  That's all I'm gonna say.


No comments:

Post a Comment