Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The absence of

Seeing as this blog started off as an account of my past / non-existent relationships, an update is needed.  I have recently taken to trolling the relationship column of a very popular internet blog locally.  I just wanted to see what the pulse was like amongst women of my age group when it came to the going and getting.  It seems we all travail the same waters.  Everyone and their dog is obsessed with giving advice about this relationship or that relationship.  I will be wary not to start giving my own advice.  I am thoroughly clueless.

I am sure of one thing though.  I am good at making friends and keeping them.  I have been accused of being too quick to leave off some people, but the truth is I am and have always been shy.  If someone and I (male or female) are truly on the same wavelength then I have absolutely no problem hounding them to keep in touch.  It doesn't require hounding in most cases.  If the person is a friend but I have my reservations, then I will politely let them be. Besides, sometimes it is wise to leave some people out of the inner workings of your life if they are not a positive influence. Why all this palava I hear you say?  Well, I succumbed and spoke to my ex, yes, the whore.  And his girlfriend by the way.  It was a lovely 1 hour chat and reminded me of why we became friends in the first place.  We did always have good banter and it is so unforced!  This happened on Sunday.  However, on Saturday night I went out to dinner with my best friend and brother and a pal came by.  I refuse to accept that Nigerian boys are just flirty without an agenda cos man, If I wasn't verily a woman who can stand her own I would have been taken in by his advances.  You know what?  I'll have to go over the evening with an objective second party and get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment