Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Fishing expedition for auction....first time of asking, second time of asking, third?


You probably can't remember this, but a while ago I decided that I was going to go fishing.  Yes, fishing, not for men, not for followers, but for actual honest to goodness, slimy fish.  There are a group of people (I lie, one or two) who fish in Lagos as a hobby and I am going to write about my first experience fishing.  It has already been a failed proposition the first time of asking as I never did get round to meeting up with the lads. Instead I decided to have lunch with by best friend who was very heavily pregnant and getting ready to flee Nigeria, as is the custom for those who can afford it.

The second time of asking, also failed due to the spirit that lives in Lagos known as 'traffic'.  The good men of Lagos have gotten me to the point where I take absolutely everything with two spoons of sugar and some salt.  Why all this heaving and Hoing?... well, there is a boy/ man involved.  We've only talked on the phone a couple of times and let me tell you this... he is uber sexy.  Best part being he laughs heartily and at himself! Meaning my jokes will not go to waste.  We were meant to go out fishing as it were today, but he is supposedly stuck at his factory dealing with contractors and the like.    Well, he could be telling the truth, 2011 author (me) believes that no man that nice sounding on the phone could lie... 2014 author says Meh and smiles.  I make a point of not lying to people... they don't necessarily share my ethos lol.  So... here I am in Cafe Royale whiling away time and hoping that tomorrow... there will be a face and age range attached to said voice and that fish would be caught and it will not rain and I will be my best and charming self.  I am a patient person.

No comments:

Post a Comment