Friday, December 19, 2014

Well meaning, but

Suffice to say... fishing did not happen.

Onwards and upwards.  A couple of months ago, a married, scratch that, newly married friend decided to give my number to a male friend of hers who is a 'nice guy'.  I can see you rolling your eyes, let me at least finish the story.  Yes, she gave this man, lets call him B my number and the guy texted me.  He lives out in Saudi Arabia... now you are gufawwing like I don't know this sounds ridiculous.  I live in Nigeria.  Anyways... who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth?  We've been chatting, and he seems honest, God-fearing, family oriented, laid back, we have similar music and even movie tastes... on paper this is all looking kosher.  I told myself I would give him a chance and we made plans to meet when he would be visiting Nigeria in December.  It is now December people and the beauty of the anonymity of this blog is that this is the first place I can tell the truth about what happened.

1.  The week before the date he called me... I thought it was fishing guy... they sound alike! I eventually realised who it was as we'd never talked on the phone before.  We set up a time to meet.  The first meet had to be canceled due to a family emergency.  No problem.

2. Final day of date, he takes Lagos traffic for granted and arrives late at the cinema.  And his breath stank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He must have eaten something called 'Asun' which is a peppered goat meat concoction that is actually quite tasty, but when you are meeting someone for the first time, NO STRONG SMELLS! Good or otherwise.

3.  Since then we've chatted on and off via text (I'm not having the best of weeks) but he has not called.  More family emergencies.  He isn't lying.  That's just the way it is at the moment.

So how do I feel?  I am not a beleiver in 'sparks' and I confess there were none. With the idiot even when we didn't know each other I knew I was attracted to him, which was why I was giving him a wide berth.  And another thing, we probably won't meet again for him to change his first impression.  And of course, there's the obvious problem.... where would I fit in in the life of a guy who lives in friggin Saudi Arabia. 

If it wasn't my life, I wouldnt believe the things that happen to me either.

No comments:

Post a Comment