Monday, December 29, 2014

Since we've started down this road let's just go crazy!

Fishing nearly happened on Sunday (yesterday), but once again, I had prior plans.

Don't look at me like that... I wish I could tell you these prior plans left me feeling giddy with those first flushes of attraction. No.  That would be lying.

So... I was directly messaged by this chap I follow on the instagram.  I like his pictures, very honest, good appreciation of symmetry etc etc. He also added me on twitter, or did I add him.  Doesn't matter.  We started directly messaging each other.  Good sense of humor, doesn't take himself too seriously, well spoken.  Physical attributes, not bad looking, not the tallest person in Nigeria but as you well know, I am an equal opportunity lover.  We make plans to see Saro the musical (which was the BUSINESS!).  My bestie and I were going to go anyway so it was a safe bet for meeting an absolute stranger.

First impressions?  Shy, super laid back, laughs easily (you would be surprised by how many guys find it difficult to laugh at something that is actually funny).  I would even go as far as to say there was some flirting going on on my end at least during the show.  You know what's coming don't you...  So the show ends and it comes to the time where we part.  He walks me over to the car park and then the most awkward parting ceremony ever to be witnessed by man kind! Was it going to be a hug, a pat, or a semi peck on the cheek.  None happened successfully, so he sort of ran off promising that he would call, or was it that he would message or we would see... I am not even sure anymore.

Where did I go wrong Lord... all he needed to do to salvage the sitation was to send a simple message asking if I got home ok and that he had a nice time.  After which he could loose my number if he wished, block me on twitter, instagram and everything else.

HE DID NOT SEND A TEXT.

I don't have a list of rules I follow regarding this dating malarkey.  Just simply, do unto others as you would like them to do to you.  So what do I do?  The next day, I ask (text)  him if he got home ok and if he had a good time.  He responds immediately with yes and general friendliness.

NO.

I have not calmed down yet so I won't write anymore.  I did manage to call the idiot an idiot to his face today.  As usual he brushed it off as 'this girl and her cray cray'.

No comments:

Post a Comment