Wednesday, October 31, 2012

'Mindin ma own business'

Typical Tuesday?  Not.
There I was, minding my own business when all of a sudden I hear a beep beep from my computer screen.  I am not someone that facebook chats very often with people.  I find it a tad restricting.  I'd rather skype or whatsapp. Anyhoo, who is it?  A long forgotten I couldn't really call him a friend because we were never really friends or an acquaintance cos I saw him 5 days a week for 5 years minus summer holidays and winter breaks.  An old classmate, yes.  To memory he was not off putting to look at but he was troubled.  I mentioned in an earlier post that I was bullied in high-school; well he was one of my tormentors (and he was bullied worse than me).  I was always too busy with my own misery to pay him any mind.  I remember he was expelled and went off to Canada or something.  Turns out he was fairly brilliant and did great in Canada and  is working for a multinational in Malaysia.  All lovely things.  You are wondering now, what on earth this has to do with my chronic singledom.  Well I just spent 8 hours chatting with this fellow. Received the obligatory proposal (I am just that charming, and Nigerian boys taunt us girls with these gems when we know they are not serious).  We talked about all sorts of things.  It was the first time he'd talked about himself in ages. particularly about the painful things.  He apologised to me, again.  (He called me out of the blue 3 years ago in London) and he's forgiven.  It always amazes me how kids can be the cruelest creatures when unsupervised.

He says he's smitten, he says he'll be in a Lagos in a few days bearing gifts (and my engagement ring).  I told him to buy me a drink first and we'll go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment