Friday, October 19, 2012

Raining and 'Celibacy' or being without

So, apparently a very good looking Seventh Day Adventist lay preacher, prayerfully maintained his celibacy (for ten whole years) afore marrying the girl of his dreams.  It's raining outside and well I'm a little uncomfortable...happens every time it rains.  The whole needing a warm body thing.  Anyone who tells you that remaining 'without' and being single whilst everyone around you seems to be ecstatically happy NOT, is lying through their chicken teeth.

I'm not complaining, it's just that when I had a nice little fellowship group in blighty (before everyone upped and got married), there were people sharing my discomfort.  We'd chair activities, we'd plan outings, anything really to fill the time without.  Naturally, praying for each other helped.  But, I am an adult and I can be frank without being coarse.  It is not funny sometimes...being without in isolation is hard.  It doesn't help that I am a health care professional and on some days all I do is talk about everyone's activity.  The reformed playboy I mentioned last week didn't believe I had never been with.  I don't go around shouting it to people and trust me, I am not squeamish about other people's activities, maybe that's why everyone's convinced I am hiding some hot number under my bed.

Salsa has been helping...and my diet is going well, 2kilo's down wooohoo! Might pick up baking again, saw the most amazing recipe for caramel apple crumble. (This is how I got fat in the first place, sigh)

In other news,   It's still raining outside...

No comments:

Post a Comment