Thursday, October 4, 2012

Teapot, meet Kettle

So, I may have calmed down a little bit since yesterday.  I say a little cos I am still reasonably agitated.  I used to be a chilled out person, honestly I was.  I should have titled this post, ' After fighting with a taximan, finding out your house is flooded and that the person hitting on your beloved was hired by your office, what do you do?'

My bestie and I are not having a good week.  You've probably realized that I'm a little of a control freak (I admit it)  and I am getting used to being somewhere where absolutely nothing is under your control.  No matter how much you pay NEPA (the power company) you won't have electricity.  No matter how much you much personal space you want, as long as you are living with your parents and female... life sucks for you.  Basically, my bestie is in between drivers at the moment and is getting a taxi from the Island to the mainland every day for work.  Being German, she is a stickler for time and probably crazier than me.  She gets home and not only is there no power, her entire flat is under water.  Poor thing just sat on the stairs and cried.  Why didn't she call me?  Well, she's as stubborn as I am and decided to 'power through'.  To add insult to injury, a girl who I have actually witnessed hitting on her chap as in seriously going to town... is now in the employ of her office.

The parents have decided to move away from where I can see the ocean.  And as I am between cars (read, car-less) This is going to be an epic change from the way I live.  It's not their fault, to be honest.  They are the ones paying the rent.  If I was earning enough to live where I wanted.... then I would.  I say this, knowing my mother would never allow her unmarried daughter to live on her own/ with friends.  But that is another story for another day. 

What is the solution for a week that sucks?  SALSA!  Seriously... bestie and I went salsa dancing yesterday, which was fantastic.  A solid two hours of girating and me trying not to fall over, but it was fun!
And if that doesn't work for pumping the endorphins and making you feel better.... teapot, meet kettle.  As an old friend used to say, if a cup of tea won't help, pray.

In other news:  Got a random message from an on and off American, and I am doing really well keeping away from 'ahem'

No comments:

Post a Comment